AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Hi all, I've been a holder of AVB since January 2013 and...

1. 339 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Hi all,

I've been a holder of AVB since January 2013 and averaging up and down since with my first and only sale of my entire holdings being today @$0.175.

Although I felt the offer from OZL was less than the value I placed on the AVB personally, the opportunity that the takeover presented, to liquidate my shares at a price higher than I have seen since I bought into the company wasn't one to simply dismiss just because the perceived value I had of AVB was not reflected in the OZL offer.

10 years ago, I probably would have held out to see if a better offer came, but with my personal situation now (mortgaged and a 5 month old) I set my price at $0.175 and achieved it.

It appears that there is a lot of emotion against OZL in the HC threads by members, at the "abhorrently lowball offer" that OZL has presented. It's never a good idea to be that emotionally invested in a stock, but that is just my experience with a previous share that went belly up.

Would I have liked to see a price closer to what I had perceived as the value of AVB? 100%!, But after discounting for various risks (geographical, financial, political etc) the perceived value of AVB shares will vary from person to person.

Thankyou for all contributors over the years who I have been reading mostly in the shadows.

I wish current holders all the best, that another takeover offer comes, or that OZL provide you with extra incentives to get you closer to your perceived value.
    Last edited by yeowiepower: 11/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.