what song make you cry, page-14

1. 4,833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    zet,

do you know which regiment your grandfather was in ?

my paternal grandfather was in the oxford and buckinghamshire light infantry with lord kitchener.

prior to ww1 he travelled with his regiment to far flung places such as british india east and west, as it was back then, burma canada nth america france etc. he bought postcards and kept them. he gave them to me before he died. most in mint condition. 450+. treasures they are believe me. signed up at aged 12 putting his age up to 14 to get in. i've inherited his hands and i believe it's where i got the travel bug from too. makes me weep writing about him and the life those guys had to put up with. i remember one thing so much. my pa saying that grandad would never ever had signed up again for the kings shilling. that was what they got for signing up. crazy when one thinks about it. about 12 cents australian today !

he also gave me the love of horse racing, having worked in the industry early 1900's. we spent many a day together at the track.

so no more songs that make us cry. this one to happiness, with helen shapiro,

let's go ..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=thbc1GG-c5w&NR=1

be good,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.