BHP 1.09% $42.68 bhp group limited

WXYZ;IMO no. I think alot of people are expecting the good times...

1. 2,656 Posts.
    WXYZ;

IMO no. I think alot of people are expecting the good times to come back after a 6-12 month credit crunch holiday, but the reality lies in growing unemployement, lowering interst rates that provide little stimulus, and general confusion in the market.

I feel the US is yet to get over the Obama/ XMAS merry go round and once real policy takes effect only then will recovery appear.

China and India have slowed growth albeit admittedly to 7%, but that is the minimum level of sustainable development that they need based on previous double digit growth.

Combine the Chinese economy with general US health, either of these out of kilter and recovery is not in. We are decades away from being able to ignore the influence of the DOW or USD.

Dont get me wrong, i see these times and maybe more so in the future as an opportunity to enter quality stocks at a significant discount.

I will be spending 8 out of the next 12 months in the Middle East and will be watching the markets in general very carefully for the first signs of recovery from all sectors for those opportunities.

Happy hunting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.68
Change
-0.470(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $216.4B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.71 $43.20 $42.68 $463.8M 10.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13572 $42.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.70 457 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.