BHP 1.09% $42.68 bhp group limited

Monkey;I dont follow banking shares too closely but for...

1. 2,656 Posts.
    Monkey;

I dont follow banking shares too closely but for comparison Aristocrate Leisure is trading at the same price it did 5 years ago. If that is a barometre of spending. LOL (consumer confidnece, spending/ disposable income)

Clacoste;

Sorry to reply to you in the same post, but i dont like to clog threads. As far as infrastructure, then yes BHP have a definate market as China as you allready know, however poor cousin India is also making a massive transition.

I follow the aviation industry heavily and the amount of airports that are to be commisioned in both countries is mind boggling. Over 100 in China and close to 60 in India, either brownfields or greenfield developments. I have posted such info on the MAP (Maquarie Airports) thread if your interested.

I attended a BHP seminar in Melbourne (RMIT building) last year and Maruis Kloppers Predecessor was the presentor. He basically said that the main influence was US consumer spending. As this is where the disposable element of resources was being consumed, very interesting perspective in hindsight.

So my above 2 points probably cancell each other out, infrastructure spending in the East versus consumer spending in the West.

What do you think ?

Either way, he placed a very interesting set of figures comparing CVRD, VALE, RIO, BHP etc etc and BHP is a huge opportunity for wealth creation if timed correctly.

All the best.

Bacchus

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.68
Change
-0.470(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $216.4B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.71 $43.20 $42.68 $463.8M 10.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13572 $42.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.70 457 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.