CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

what the hell's going on!, page-5

1. roh
    4,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    mumstheword,

The Mining Lease is just another step on the road to mining. Most of the infrastructure is either in place or in the preparation thereof.

The Queensland Government has been handed a double edged sword by Xstrata firstly advising of the closure of the Mt Isa smelter and Townsville refinery in a few years and secondly asking for a further exemption from meeting their environmental requirements by next year. In the meantime, Xstrata faces high profile litigation relating to lead poisoning of Mt Isa children.

It is a no win situation for the Queensland Government. Do they sacrifice the environmental standards they enacted and gave Xstrata 3 years in which to comply or decide to save industry jobs?.

The situation may benefit CDU if the Queensland Government's decision is health over wealth. They would be anxious to release some good news at that time and the granting of Mining Leases in the region would be one way to do it.

The granting of the Mining Lease will add another level of certainty to the Rocklands project and perhaps this is what some investors are looking for before commiting but I personally feel that when mining actually commences there will be a reflection in the share price as the quarterly dividends are distributed.

Drilling results from Wilgar if they continue to produce massive gold hits will also help as will any other signiciant results from the numerous other targets either being drilled or in the pipeline.

The key factor is in my opinion the commencement of mining.

Wayne likes to surprise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.