AMX 7.14% 45.0¢ aerometrex limited

I think the growth is already there from recent announcements,...

1. 19 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    I think the growth is already there from recent announcements, and the initial IPO investment in staff, Spookfish, equipment and marketing will hopefully pay off soon.

I can't offer too much insight on the news/financial side of the stock but as a MetroMap user I can say that the service is just as good and much more affordable than Nearmap mainly due to no data limits. The usage limits/cost used to be a pain(~2+ years ago) when using Nearmap in big and small organisations. The MetroMap coverage is very impressive if you look it up on their website and significantly larger than Nearmap (can't compare the imagery revisits per year though).

I've yet to see how MetroMap Lidar works, but in general there is always a demand for Aerial Lidar data. AMX have got some top-of-the-line aerial lidar systems and this is always going to be a money maker which the likes of Nearmap don't have at this stage. There is of course competition from companies like AAM, so giving access to lidar through MetroMap and possibly classified lidar data (i think i saw mentioned) would give them a more modern edge. They were working with Pointerra on some way of distributing Lidar, perhaps that is something to do with Metromap Lidar.

The bushfire fuel analysis is apparently quite involved and actually made on a request basis (not as a part of MetroMap by default), so I'm hoping the government gains interest as it could be big money. There would just need to be a big enough improvement over the capabilities of the existing fire modelling government departments, I'm not sure how those currently assess fuel loads

The 72% growth in the 3D market is very promising, with lots of future applications such as video games. I recently saw a demo of a large regional city model they made and it was the highest detail I've ever seen for something at that scale, super impressive! I've also seen on their LinkedIn that their modelling is very often using the Unreal Engine which is advanced in allowing animations and special effects etc. and is a really great investment of their expertise combining spatial and gaming graphics engines - a more niche skill I'd predict! Unreal themselves have an article here on Aerometrex's use of their graphics engine and show the amazing video:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/spotlights/a-virtual-clone-of-adelaide-for-digital-twin-and-smart-city-applications

Gaining further growth in this field could be hugely rewarding going forward.

Being in the Industry i know they are one of the leaders in the aerial imagery, modelling and aerial lidar field. I don't know how it's not picked up attention yet, but clearly by the low daily volume it could be very open to manipulation - like the $1 trade on close today dropping the price another 2.9%.

I hope that all wasn't too subjective haha!
    Last edited by MapMan: 13/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
0.030(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $42.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.0¢ 45.0¢ 42.0¢ $119.3K 278.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 36930 44.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 6894 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.