GRK 0.00% 0.2¢ green rock energy limited

what the market doesnt get

1. 733 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    Rereading the last quarterly comes up with the following;
    "Australia

With the agreement and co-operation of BHP Billiton, Green Rock measured the temperature in
    several deep mineral holes drilled during the quarter by BHP Billiton to around 2,300 metres
    depth at the Olympic Dam mine, only a few kilometres away from Green Rock’s Blanche No 1
    well. Temperatures and the geothermal gradient were marginally higher than Blanche No 1 well
    confirming the heat anomaly of the Olympic Dam area.

Having drilled Blanche No 1 to nearly two kilometres Green Rock has proven the granites are
    hot. The drilling by BHP Billiton confirms the heat anomaly should also extend over the wider
    geothermal leases also held by Green Rock."

It goes on further but a striking point must be made and I am sure that the market is unaware of this.

Note "several holes to around 2300 metres". Let me get this right. BHP has used their money doing deep drilling at Olympic Dam and has provided the information regarding temperatures and geothermal gradients to Green Rock. This means that Green Rock has been given a huge free kick by BHP by getting data which is critical to their project ( and which cost them nothing more on that soon). Several holes? That means more than 2, lets call it three. Excuse me. Geodynamics has drilled 2 holes and Petratherm has drilled 2 holes. Blanche No1 by GRK was hole 1. BHP gives them the data on (my take 3 holes).
    How good is that. I am sure very few people have picked up on the significance of this.

I am told that diamond cored holes cost about $90/metre up at OD. This is just the drilling cost and does not include the transport and assay costs of the core. But lets just use $90 as a starter. Several holes - to around 2300 metres. Lets say 3 for a total of 6900 metres. 6900 metres of drilling would cost $6.2M
    So GRK has the benefit of several holes of data which
    showed that the temperature and gradient were marginally higher than Blanche 1.
    In other words GRK got the scientific benefit of BHP spending $6.2M.
    Free kick of the century. Thanks BHP.
    This also begs the question of why. BHP is not a charity. The answer lies in understanding that BHP OD expansion will require a vastly higher energy input. BHP like everybody else on the planet knows that carbon emmissions are going to be a fact of life. They also are leaders in Sustainability in the mining industry. They also know that GRK is a v small company which can't afford $6m to drill 3 holes to get critical data. hence they provide info.

Only a fool would not realise the significance of GRK getting this data from BHP.
    They use it with the blanche data and are now designing the mini frac stimulation with CSIRO befeore they start 2 production wells.
    I bet the BHP technical heads will be working with GRK on the frac stims. If it shows up ok then do you think BHP will sit back and not be involved in energy production at OD? Do you think they will say, "ok guys we don't mind giving you the data on our deep holes and we are really glad the frac stims work and you want to go into production. Go for it."
    I think not.
    Tell me why GRK is not the cheapest geothermal in the country with a m cap of $22M. It will be worth $100M in a year.
    Buy it and put it in the safe, forget about the bottom drawer.
    cheers
    omg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.