MEL 0.00% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

huany,I dont quite think that what you are saying makes...

1. 4,234 Posts.
    huany,

I dont quite think that what you are saying makes sense.

The Gatton is a very widespread and very thick unit in the CM - to the tune of 900m in some areas.

The TullyMorgan-1 well had a DST carried out on it, in much the same zone that we are testing here with KF-1, the top section. The reading I have done suggests that there may be gas in this zone because of a shale seal from the Ma Ma creek member.

As you know, a good seal AND a good trap are an important characteristic for a rock accumulation.

The gas kick at 1452m and subsequently at 1710m is consistent with hitting the top and bottom of the Gatton, and that there was gas accumulated in those zones.

Something else I read was that the bottom section has good potential perm, but is most likely filled with water. The rest of the unit is considered to have low permeability.

The Gatton Sandstone consists of a "thick-bedded medium to coarse grained quartzlithic and feldspathic sandstone". (~CM Pet Prosp)

The inability to get all of the proppant(sand) down the wellbore and into the formation may have an effect on the EUR life of the well and the expected peak flow rates, for the simple reason that we didnt get enough sand into the formation to hold open the induced fractures. Whats important here I believe is that the well does respond and we get an indication of flow, continuous flow. Its important for follow on work - this is just science and experimentation that can be used to design a field of these wells.

What I dont understand is your comment on low permeability. The point of the fracture stimulation program is designed to address this directly. Can you elaborate on this comment or have I missed/overlooked something? Its UNCONVENTIONAL Huany. thats the point right?

So, dear god, please also help MEL with their conventional gas, for we care not what they are doing their right now.

However, dear god, please pay some special attention to HuanEng, for he knows not what he is asking and needs instead to be seeking some UNCONVENTIONAL wisdom to be applied to uneconomic CONVENTIONAL reservoirs.

Cheers,

SF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.790M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 24251602 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 6069159 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.