ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

I have been thinking about buying some stock ever since the...

1. 33 Posts.
    I have been thinking about buying some stock ever since the Stanwell deal has been announced, but have been a bit worried about a board spill setting everything into turmoil. I have spoken to family and friends in Goondiwindi and will not repeat hear say but here are some articles that may be worth a bit of reading.

Courier Mail 16 May 1977 - Mr. Baldwin charged with fraud and other serious charges. (Charges withdrawn eventually)

4 Jan 1992 Baldwin vs Evingham - case brought by Baldwin against Liberal Party for removing him as candidate for seat of Morton due to charges in 1977.

Sydney Morning Herald 5 December 1995
    Extract
    "Larna is the family company of Mrs. Dianne Baldwin- who founded Leutenager, but was sacked as CEO in September- and her husband who runs one of the group's divisions. Larna holds 28 % of Leutenager, which has staggered from disaster to disaster since its 1992 listing, leaving shareholders funding halfed."

Annual Report Leutenager - 1996 funds paid to Dianne and Ron Baldwin 300,000. This was 13 years ago....

Annual Report Hancock and Gore (H&G) 1997
    extract
    "We acquired a headware & craft business through our successful takeover of Leutenager Limited.

Neither of the business were operating successfully when we acquired them. However we believe they have the potential for increased profitability, and since acquisition we have begun to refocus both businesses to unlock their potential. "

Present Day Internet searches- Oakey Power station cannot find mention on related sites of R. Baldwin being CEO. Oakey is a peak power station which indicates it doesn't run all the time.

Just going through this does it give anybody else any worries?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.