CCV 10.8% 20.5¢ cash converters international

HSP, I say QLD class action is the last one in Australia based...

1. 150 Posts.
    HSP, I say QLD class action is the last one in Australia based on two facts:
      1. Federal law came into effect on 1/Jul/2013 and CCV has been using new compliant system since then
      2. Only NSW and QLD had 48% cap including fees before federal law and NSW class action has been settled.

"Westpac must have reason to stop money supply. I do not know the real reason, I guessed most investors did not know it. Westpac knows the financial market very well. Their view are trustful to me."
    This sounds to be purely speculation.

is $23m big for CCV?  
    It is big for CCV. That's about 1/12 CCV's equity (280m or so) as at 01/Jun/2015, and about half its current asset as at 01/Jun/2015.

Would pay much more than $23m if the current case (live in QLD) failed as did more business in QLD than in NSW?
    I don't know if CCV did more business in QLD than in NSW. We cannot tell from CCV's annual reports which are the most reliable data source. So it's purely speculation.
    Let's make our best guess. CCV's Australian loan book increased 70m from 21m to 91m. From http://www.cashconverters.com.au/store-locator, we can tell QLD stores are about 1/4 of all stores in Australia.  We can guess QLD contributed 70m * 1/4 about 18m loan book increase.  As media says, CCV charged up to 160% instead of 48% including fees in QLD. CCV is about to repay 18m * 112% overcharge, which is about 20m again.  That's a reasonable guess, I think. That would be the worst case scenario.
    Let's discount that from CCV's equity and we get  240m (280m - 23m - 20m + tax deduction).
    At current price, CCV is trading at its book value. In another word, at current price you can buy the whole CCV and sell all its assets and pay back all the liabilities and you won't make a loss.

Now it's your judgement if it's cheap or not.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.020(10.8%)
Mkt cap ! $128.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 20.5¢ 18.8¢ $272.3K 1.423M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 60798 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 71997 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CCV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.