EMP 0.00% 1.7¢ emperor energy limited

what the, page-2

1. 935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Obl can't sell something that belongs to Backreef can they? At best they can only suggest it.

Why would Backreef want this counter off from OBL when they made an attempt (whether successful or not) to Buru to sell their half. Futhermore, what would they want with their 37.5% that they APPARENTLY have no right to sell to anyone other than OBL.

I would've thought the better idea would be for OBL to farm down their 50% to 25%, use those funds to match Buru's offer to buy Backreefs 50% (or raise money for the rest of it).

Obl would be left with 75%, OXX 25%.

Obl can then field offers from majors for joint ventures.

ALTERNATIVELY, Obl management could have been content with haivng 50% of Derby with the other half controlled by the most experienced Canning partnership there is (Buru/Mitsu). One can only assume they only farmed out to OXX to obtain the funds to make a counter offer to Backreef.

This all just feels like a child spitting the dummy to me. Screaming for the sake of screaming. Management should quiet down and start making announcements with facts, rather than statements they wish were true.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.