TEG 0.00% 0.7¢ triangle energy (global) limited

What the ????, page-26

1. 21,999 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2178
    Bod8em. I've got several years older and have become quite a deal more pragmatic, not necessarily conservative, as I still have "dangerous" punts and hopefully, continue to do so, as it keeps the adrenaline pumping, very important for an old bloke.
    TEG was a great punt based on pent up expectations, together with that steady income and the potential that went with getting that long term PASE agreement. All making TEG an interesting and potentially very rewarding PUNT.
    But, Indonesia, is a great concern and it's very likely that they don't want us there anyway, our relationship with them has been seriously soured and we could easily see them turfing us out after spending very big money on trying to develop this new part of the lease. But, that's conjecture.

The pragmatism comes from the financial reality that TEG, like hundreds of other small ASX listed exploration companies, simply cannot secure funding for what would definitely be an expensive project. Over 400 ASX listed stocks are in the same position, they are called "zombie" companies and facing bankruptcy IF they can't try their hand at another prospect to maybe stimulate new financial interests. They have all exhausted their "normal" sources of funding and are getting no support from their shareholder base. We saw that recently with TEG's miserable attempt to raise funds.
    So, it is basic reality for mine, that TEG are simply not big enough to raise the funding required and we are most fortunate that we eventually did receive that PASE deal which has given the company an asset which they could and apparently have, sold. I also reckon that the Indonesian Central government was probably trying to bleed the last drop out of TEG with the near 2 year delay and we could say that we are very fortunate to have received the deal before the company was forced to fold, leaving all of us with nothing.
    I also understand that contrary to what we have read, there was significant hostility towards TEG in Aceh from the locals and I'm sure that would have been a contributing factor to the delays.
    I also believe that the geology is also very challenging making it an even greater capital risk for a small company like TEG.
    It's disappointing that we will not be playing any part in what could be an exciting challenge, but, the fact that we are still alive and taking on a different challenge in a much more hospitable and probably equally rewarding environment, is something else that we can now look forward to.

Still more water to run under the bridge, but, I frankly see no alternative but to support what is being proposed and to get stuck into that Queensland lease ASAP.
    P.S. I still have several very "un-conservative" punts on the go and really am quite relieved to be out of Indonesia, potentially back into Australia and a new interest with TEG.
    All of that could have proven to be a total waste of time and hard earned money. Let's give it a go.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TEG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.