HZN 1.35% 18.8¢ horizon oil limited

As contracts are now up, what will the board do to implement...

1. 607 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    As contracts are now up, what will the board do to implement change and mitigate a potential conflict of interest? Their role is to govern and effect changes which benefit shareholders.

the irony is that there is nothing operationally wrong with this company, the assets, or the the strategy. What is wrong is that the strategy cannot be inplemented without financial strain and management imho have not done enough to explain how the strategy will be implemented based on tangible cashflows and project earned value milestones. My assesment is that Management have not assembled the means to implement this strategy.

When management wages for a select few exceed 10% of the proposed capex for the entire year and that capex is 50% of your available drawdown (assuming bond holders paid and excluding sales). That tells me that the plan has the potential to end up on the pile of dead bodies from failed resources projects because they did not have enough gas in the tank to run the distance. When this happens management will brush the dust of their canali and zegna suits and put it down to good experience. They will also receive their entitlements before marketing their hard earned experience elsewhere.

We need to partner with a group with the means to actually deliver the strategy outcomes.

our business is not about paying clever people to evangelise a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I retain my hold on this stock due to its operating assets and reserves for which I demand our board present a quantitative and financially sustainable means converting into bankable shareholder value. This may include a takeover which is my preference. Assets sales are a desperate move and may only perpetuate the problem described above.
    Last edited by Nailbiter: 19/06/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.8¢
Change
0.003(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $304.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ $36.07K 192.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
54 2663765 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 301639 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.48pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.