AYN 0.00% 0.1¢ alcyone resources ltd

what to do as silver corrects

1. 22,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2037
    What to Do as Silver Corrects
    By Eric Roseman, editor, Commodity Trend Alert

Silver prices tripled in the past 12 months.
    But...

Any commodity on a one-way street tends to correct. And that correction is often vicious. ?Commodities like silver take the stairs up and the elevator down,? says Andy Hecht, a brilliant commodity trader.

Well, this elevator is on its way down...

Why Silver is Correcting Now
    Simply, there?s too much speculative money chasing the silver bull, including hedge fund fast-money and momentum-based investors. Everyone is running to get in.
    In India, individual investors have gone wild for silver. India is the world?s largest source of fabrication demand for gold. But investors are increasingly rushing into the white metal instead because it?s so much cheaper. Silver is the ?poor man?s gold.?
    In the United States, Canada and Europe, dealers are reporting record coin sales as investors lunge after silver. The U.S. and Royal Canadian Mints can?t produce silver fast enough. Supplies are drawing to their lowest levels in decades. That?s another short-term bearish indicator.
    Then there?s the Blackrock iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV), now the world?s 12th largest exchange-traded-fund (ETF). Assets have exploded higher since it went public in 2006 at just under 700 ounces. Today, SLV holds more than 17,500 tons of silver! That remarkable increase in assets - mostly over the last several months - is also bad news for the bulls.
    And finally, some large-cap silver miners started to stumble with silver bullion near $50 an ounce. All the frenzied buying happened in the physical commodity market... not in the underlying business (which is where the miners operate). That?s bearish price action and indicative of an exhausted move.
    Silver must correct. Now, it is.
    However, long term, I?m bullish on silver. I see it reaching $75 an ounce.
    That?s been my position since I first plugged spot silver at $5.50 an ounce. Seven years later, I still like the metal?s fortunes... especially in an unprecedented environment of monetary chaos and Federal Reserve credit creation.
    In addition to being a store of wealth, silver also has countless industrial uses all over the world. It?s in batteries, bearings, electronics and catalysts, to name a few. All these uses for silver are more in demand than ever.
    New technologies in solar energy, water purification and medical instruments will keep industrial demand for the white metal surging going forward.
    But for now though, here?s what you should do...
    What to Do With Your Silver
    If you?re long silver, then hold.
    If you?re looking to establish a new position, then sit tight and wait for the silver price to come to you.
    This summer?s violent, short-term price correction will ultimately provide yet another great buying opportunity for silver bulls on the road to $75 an ounce... possibly $100!
    Until next time...

Eric Roseman
    Editor, Commodity Trend Alert

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AYN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.