RDM 1.82% 13.5¢ red metal limited

what to expect when your expecting, page-19

1. 1,351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 450
    Hi Jamie,

Good question. what you have described is exactly the model that the company is chasing. I had a think about it and couldn't really come up with an analogy to convey the process and what the preferred possibility is.

The easiest way to look at it is as a sedimentary process where you have in the center of a fault zone which runs to the bottom of the sea floor a constant influx of fluid which caries dissolved metals which once hitting the cold oxidized conditions of the seafloor have the conditions which allow the metals to stay dissolved completely change and they precipitate and sink to the sea floor as sulphide grains.

Knowing this over time you would expect that these deposits of sulphide would grow in thickness and grow thickest closest to this fault.

Now given that not all of the different metals drop out at the same time and that not all of the metals dropping out produce the same mineral species we see a metal and mineral zonation.

So 2 things are too be expected. The first being that the thickness (im not prepared to suggest a thickness) will be thickest closest to this fault where the action is and second that this central zone will be made up of the minerals that we would like (galena, sphalerite, and the silver species).

So the model is prudent along with the interpretation but i would be very surprised if this hole intersected the thickest portion of this mineralisation.

I believe that an improvement on prior intersects and changes in mineral proportions would indicate getting closer to the source which will need a number of holes to define properly.

The parameters that i want to see are.

An increase in thickness, reduction in magnetite and pyrhotite concentrations, increase in Sphalerite content, increase in carbonate as a accessory mineral and an increase in the silver to lead ratio.

Sky, Not a stupid question. This sort of thinking does need to play a part when considering a companies chances but no area is ever truly completely explored as time goes on and the outcropping ore bodies are discovered explorers look in the 3 dimension and find ore bodies all the time.

A good example from western QLD is Ivanoe's Merlin Mo-Re discovery which is located to the operating mines in and around Selwyn. 6 million tonnes of some of the highest grade Mo and Re in the world siting a couple of hundred meters from and operating mine and no one got onto it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.003(1.82%)
Mkt cap ! $40.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.5¢ 12.0¢ $47.95K 377.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 22000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.17pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RDM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.