What too much healthy food can do to you, page-5

1. 81,073 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning all,

one thing that has always interested me is that when we spray insecticide chemicals on fruits and vegetables - well, they have some poisonous and toxic effects (hopefully only to insects - but, they do effect humans as well unfortunately).

But, - what is really worth thinking about is that if we don't spray chemicals - then, nature all by it's little self makes the plants produce chemicals themselves - and, many of those chemicals just dwarf what poor old humans make in the poison and toxicity stakes - (plants naturally respond to attack)

of course we then eat those plants and we think it's fine because it's 'natural' --

and, although I don't really have an issue about it - I am aware of it - and, I think we all should be as well

lets face facts here -- we are born and life is what kills us -- and, eating is a very big part of that.

Some 'natural' healthy eaters age well -- but, many more do not. I wouldn't suggest a diet of Kentucky fried and coke is all that good for you - we sure can see the results of that easily - but, eating good foods whether 'healthy' as we see it or 'not healthy' - well, it's really a rubbery argument -

check what the French eat -- and see their health outcomes as well as different countries all over the world - much of it is quite different to what we do here.

The French seem to eat a mile of butter and have very few problems. They have ingested much in human toxic chemical form over the years as well from ground pollution - as are the Italians now, big time.
    The Japanese of course seem to have quite good health - including lots of fish - and, their bodies over a lifetime would ingest quite a bit of Mercury and god knows what else from 100's of generations of intense farming - but, they live long and well.

Interesting stuff

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.