morning all, one thing that has always interested me is that...

1. 80,483 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning all,

one thing that has always interested me is that when we spray insecticide chemicals on fruits and vegetables - well, they have some poisonous and toxic effects (hopefully only to insects - but, they do effect humans as well unfortunately).

But, - what is really worth thinking about is that if we don't spray chemicals - then, nature all by it's little self makes the plants produce chemicals themselves - and, many of those chemicals just dwarf what poor old humans make in the poison and toxicity stakes - (plants naturally respond to attack)

of course we then eat those plants and we think it's fine because it's 'natural' --

and, although I don't really have an issue about it - I am aware of it - and, I think we all should be as well

lets face facts here -- we are born and life is what kills us -- and, eating is a very big part of that.

Some 'natural' healthy eaters age well -- but, many more do not. I wouldn't suggest a diet of Kentucky fried and coke is all that good for you - we sure can see the results of that easily - but, eating good foods whether 'healthy' as we see it or 'not healthy' - well, it's really a rubbery argument -

check what the French eat -- and see their health outcomes as well as different countries all over the world - much of it is quite different to what we do here.

The French seem to eat a mile of butter and have very few problems. They have ingested much in human toxic chemical form over the years as well from ground pollution - as are the Italians now, big time.
    The Japanese of course seem to have quite good health - including lots of fish - and, their bodies over a lifetime would ingest quite a bit of Mercury and god knows what else from 100's of generations of intense farming - but, they live long and well.

Interesting stuff

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.