CGC 0.00% $3.19 costa group holdings limited

What was Costa's EPS for FY18?, page-2

1. 1,674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    Unsure why the error. I suspect that MS lags, so it could be the figure from last FY report. I suspect there would be a lag because of the process to input data into MS, whether done manually or automatically, and then a possible vetting process after that...could take a month or two.

I don't trust data aggregators like MS, they either lag or don't reflect the underlying earnings which is often key. Case in point is the EPS. Consider a company that makes a net loss due to a one off impairment. MS will probably show EPS as negative or 'N/A'. Other figures like PE ratio are subsequently affected. Whilst technically correct it is misleading.

The other issue is that they don't show the HY numbers. If it's third quarter in a company calendar I most definitely want a look at the HY, not just the FY three quarters ago. Heck. And like you said, MS forecasting also hinges on accurate starting numbers.

I go to the reports, it's the best way and doesn't take too long. If you want to be able to 'scan' based on FA, the only provider I recommend is Stock Doctor. Pricey but that's the game.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.