That sounds awesome Garry. Getting a few different species...

1. 56 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    That sounds awesome Garry. Getting a few different species always makes for a good day.

My best was fishing Camel Beach just outside Venus Bay on SA Eyre Peninsula. We were on the way back from crossing the nullarbor and stayed a night. It looked like good salmon country, and I took some pillies and a 12 ft stick early the next morning. Ended up getting about 20, 3-4kg salmon. Obviously they're not great eating and I don't usually eat what I catch anyway, so was throwing them back. There was another old bloke there who wasn't catching anything. We got chatting and he was telling me he'd saved up all this money to get out of Adelaide and go fishing and his wife had let him get a cabin at the caravan park. He was struggling a bit in life I think and he couldn't believe I was throwing them back. So, after about 10 fish he told me this and I started giving them to him and he was so happy. I don't fish for the result,just for the process and I left that day feeling chuffed.

My worst started when there were about 10 council workers on a quiet boat ramp near Ulladulla, and they all stopped work so I could put my tinnie in. They waited patiently and all went well. Came back from parking and then stepped into the boat and went arse up and smashed myself. No one larfed out loud but you could tell they wanted to ha ha. I just pulled the cord and went about my business but just didn't enjoy the day ha ha.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.