@Popeye82 - I have only ever 'watched' a fisherman (NoBoDe) for...

1. 17,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Popeye82 - I have only ever 'watched' a fisherman (NoBoDe) for a period of 3 or 4 days - and it is puzzling, peaceful and sometimes gruesome - when,finally, a beautiful living silvery fish is caught and needs to be disposed of - but I suspect the point of it in our civilized world is exactly as you say to get away from it all, back to basics to be at one with the mind and the soul. I didnt mind just hanging out there in the background and watch my 'Brave' carefuly tripping over rocks out on a small promontory to find a good spot and then patiently waiting for a bite.

Quite apart from that: early man/woman were dependent on what nature provided and catching fish was a matter of survival to those who lived near the sea or rivers. I have just re-read 'The Old Man and the Sea' by Hemingway - a little gem of a short story and even I as a new inductee (if at all sneaky.png) could relate to the story and the old man's struggle to finally hook the big one, only to see it taken away bit by bit by sharks, before he gets back home, but his proof of valeur and endurance was the skeleton of the fish for the other fishermen to see that he, indeed, had caught 'the big one'.
    Go well and philosophise about the big stuff (or little stuff) whilst fishing, and maybe share with a good friend and a couple of stubbies
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.