@Justis@zipperlip - two days ago, I was over Justis' way, well a...

1. 17,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Justis
    @zipperlip

- two days ago, I was over Justis' way, well a little further (Warnbro) and my friend J. who you, Justis, have met, took my Ford Falcon (dubbed 'Astromoth' by NoBoDe!) through its paces as I had been handed a pretty bad report (and you may remember, I put the details in a post to you) by the Mitsubishi guys who did the oil change 4 weeks ago - car is o.k. - J. is an electronics engineer and has a much beloved Porsche with gold duco!), which he literally took all over the world with him - it's now been totally refurbished and in a garage in Vienna - so he has got great mechanical and driving skills - plus he bought my old bomb of a Barina to drive here whilst he is unable to travel and he refurbished it completely . . . . it goes like a rocket now, but I am supremely happy with my glamorous red XR6 - get some funny looks at times - haha tongue.png

Yesterday I bought new back tyres at a good place in Maddington and found out they do other servicing as well; they had a look too and assured me, it's good to go for another year before the bushings etc. need replacing.

Rewind to J. : he took the car on a ride all along the coast from Warnbro to Point Peron and on to Rockingham, magical coast line.
    .... and I remembered when many years ago, me and hubby were regularly travelling by VW combi from Bunbury to Perth, moving all our gear into our new home and we had to pass along a very smelly coastline - from about Kwinana onwards, nothing but bad smells and tanneries and the huge contrast now - it almost feels like one is in California.

I have also recently had occasion to retell the tale of migrants arriving at their first Australian Port of Fremantle and described the harbour as being ordinary and more along the lines of a fishing village and the houses as humble, because Mediterranean and other fishermen migrants had settled there - I would be interested in your story - and maybe Zip's as well . . . .

Sorry I am not on this forum very much lately, have a lot of things to do and I find with my habit of producing 'geetersburgers' HC takes a great chunk out of my day.

Beautiful weather today
    go well
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.