@Justis - just read your post again - and as usual got...

1. 17,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Justis - just read your post again - and as usual got side-tracked. I have an old and much-read version of 'The Fisherman and the Sea' by Ernest Hemingway, it's actually one of eldest daughter's school books. It is a classic, if somewhat longer, short-story - so one can read the lot in 1 - 2 hours depending on how quickly one reads. I have read it at least 3 times, recently, in order to get more of a feel of what it's like to be on the ocean. When reading the book, I imagined a fairly wiry old man - he eats little and can subsist on the food he catches, the guy in the movie has too much of a belly, but I guess, it's his face which got him the part.

The relationship between him and the boy is well depicted - Ernest Hemingway and wife or ladyfriend don't appear in the book at all - it's all about the simplicity of the fishermen's lives, and almost primitive-religious attitude by the old man, when the large marlin he catches puts on an epic fight. The language is beautiful and simple.

I can bring it over and you can keep it - but it is an old book, not dirty, just well-thumbed.
    Good to see you are enjoying your home - keep building . . . .
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.