CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

MaanI agree! Homeowners aren't the big customers here, it is the...

1. 824 Posts.
    Maan

I agree! Homeowners aren't the big customers here, it is the utilities (either generators/retailers). The economics and drivers are completely different for them. And dont get too caught up in the present cost of the units for early adopters. You can point to huge cost changes as technologies are adopted.

I remember looking at the first philips plasma in europe in 98. It was 32 inch, low def by today's standards, had a separate tuner box and sold for over $30 K. Even at that price they were walking out the door. Today you get a much superior machine for less than 500 bucks.

CFU's business model is an interesting one. Instead of making the end product, it has so far decided to supply the core of the units - the fuel cell. Its like being the plasma panel maker supplying all the brand makers. It has its disadvantages at the moment cause the brand makers seem very tardy in developing end use products - hence bluegen! But once (if?) there is take up, cfu should be busy supplying many different customers. The key to their own going success is going to be their ability to be at the forefront of innovation and competitive production.

confirmation of the EWE grant and the first major production order will see some interest return to cfu - I hope!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.