GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

what we now know, page-14

1. 479 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Flow tests on new wells (that are not immediately dusters) are usually run 48 hours on and onwards...I would say because there is a lot of financier pressure on GDN, they are getting the runs on the board as soon as they can in order to satisfy investors (private and instituitonal)...in reality, the life of the well is one big flow test.

Another factor to consider here is that this a virgin strike, so extended flow testing is not so necessary with regards to analysing the effect on other wells in the field. ..plus when you have other wells in the field, the reservoir and formation pressures are reasonably assured and you are optimising the yield and introducing possible injection points for future gas lifting and/or water cut reduction.

I didn't have much to do with MB in Oman, its been a while...I worked with PDO/Schlumberger and in Saudi with Aramco (who hasn't) and alongside Halliburton and Baker Hughes (as they were then)...I think you are seeing a reasonably naieve company taking a good play and finding their way somewhat with regards to the information flow...if you compare to say, Santos, they can have numerous announcements on many different fields as they have a large geo-resource base. GDN have only this one...If you want to try for pure paucity of information, try the stranglehold that ADI keeps on its investors.. and I hold them also...its just a case of different strokes for different folks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.