PGH 0.30% 84.5¢ pact group holdings ltd

Ending the offer is RG’s last ditch attempt at trying to reach...

1. 77 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Ending the offer is RG’s last ditch attempt at trying to reach 90% and compulsory acquisition. If RG fails then the 90% ownership rule for compulsory acquisition is no longer relevant. As Richard has mentioned previously RG will have to wait about 6 months before making any new offer. There is also a period during which RG won’t be allowed to buy any more shares. With any new offer RG will now have to acquire something like 75% of all remaining shares that he doesn’t already own to achieve compulsory acquisition. This means that with any new offer RG will have to approach Manipur and User123 to find out what price they will accept
    Will the share price fall after RG withdraws his $0.84 offer? It may. Although there may also be more buyer interest due to awareness that PACT is a takeover target and that any new takeover offer will need to be significantly higher than $0.84. Also most shareholders who have held on will certainly not be willing to sell their shares for less than $0.84 which means there are likely to be less shares available for buyers

For those of us holding on it will be a long wait of at least 6 months before any new offer. As RG has stated there will be no dividends in the near future but I’m just fine with reinvestments made into the company. I always look at shares as a long term scenario and hopefully most remaining holders won’t need to cash in anytime soon

What if RG decides against making a new offer? RG is absolutely dedicated to PACT and the benefits he will get from 100% ownership will far outweigh the inconvenience of the relatively small amount he would require to pay out the remaining holders. I think RG is determined to take control of PACT or at least delist it if ownership of shares of value $500+ reduces below 150 which seems unlikely. I don’t understand the benefits of delisting but another poster mentioned that amongst other things it means less disclosure so he will be able to make more favourable individual deals with other companies rather than have to charge everyone the same rate
    I think the chances that RG won’t make another offer at every slim. However if he doesn’t I’m happy. I always wanted to hold my PACT shares forever. PACT is one of Australia’s greatest companies and it’s fantastic to have the chance to invest alongside one of Australia’s richest men. The company may be at rock bottom at the moment but with monetary conditions improving around the world RG will have it thriving again in no time. RG is inextricably tied to PACT and will not let the company fail

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
84.5¢
Change
0.003(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $290.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
84.5¢ 84.5¢ 84.0¢ $16.23K 19.23K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 110540798 84.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
84.5¢ 90160 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
84.0¢
  Change
0.003 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
84.0¢ 84.0¢ 84.0¢ 2684
Last updated 13.38pm 06/06/2024 ?
PGH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.