what will happen if rudd wins?, page-13

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thanks guys, interesting responses.

The question I posed; "what will happen if rudd wins?" did not stop a few from telling us what Tony will do!!

Most of those who did answer the question gave motherhood answers. Unemployment will be lower etc. without saying how this is to be achieved.

Its all a bit Bob Hawke no-child-in-poverty-by-1990, statement.

My own view from talking to a lot of people from many walks of life, is that a lot of small business will close their doors on 9th September. Many are running at a loss, but do not want to dump loyal staff, and are hoping for a reprieve.

Its all a bit similar to Whitlam's second coming. I was with a builder the night of that election result, and he just about had a stroke as the result was announced.

It seems pretty academic at this point, but there are a lot of young voters who have unrealistic naive ideals and are swayed by the motherhood announcements.

On last night's debate, I was impressed with the way in which a good question specifically asking about both parties' policy on land clearing, was answered by a diatribe from Rudd on climate change. When I was at school, answering an exam question in that way would have scored a big fat zero.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.