PAN 0.00% 3.5¢ panoramic resources limited

Hi Bayer The Concentrate formula to which they refer is the...

1. 3,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4564
    Hi Bayer

The Concentrate formula to which they refer is the FeMgO (iron magnesium oxide) I was talking about. For example Nickelwest Mt Keith ore is very low in FeMgO but this is transported to Leinster who's ore is much higher in FeMgO and blended this then goes to the Kalgoorlie smelter and again blended with Kambalda concentrate which is the rolled gold concentrate to get a good smelter feed. The FeMgO level determines how good a tap you will get to release slag (impurities) a higher level gives a good clean steady pour wheras a lower level can be tapped and result in an explosive release which in the years prior to 2000 has killed two and severely burnt others. The WSA and IGO concentrate was sourced due to Leinster going into C&M along with MCR's mines and Long and Lanfranchi also at Kambalda.

The smelter as I said is having a major rebuild next year taking about 6 months which also involves upgrades so a lower level of FeMgO can be fed to the furnace meaning Niwest will not require any or very little external companies ore with the reopening and expansion of their own mines.

The PAN concentrate would not be suited to Kalgoorlie smelter due to the high copper content. This would just go out as slag and not be processed as BHP are only chasing the Ni and Co. The only way PAN could do it would be via a SX plant which would be costly and then have the problem of installing a fire system to suit. Olympic Dam had 2 CuSX fires one in late 90's and the other in 2000 or 2001 which brought the plant down until rebuilt and many hundreds of millions of dollars later.

I hope this answers your questions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.