RFG 3.66% 7.9¢ retail food group limited

As a long time accountant, I have seen many franchisees grossly...

1. 1,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2005
    As a long time accountant, I have seen many franchisees grossly over estimate their abilities and under estimate the work involved in operating any business.

The franchisee expectation of a profitable "business in a box" (a selling point of all franchisors) is attractive to many ex employees tired of working for the man. RFG is just one of a long line of businesses that offer people an opportunity, but not a guarantee, of making decent money with little business experience. People with good business acumen, most often make a good go of it, while those thinking that a working week of 45-50 hours is hard work, fall over.

Knowing your business strengths, knowing your customers' preferences, knowing your competition and getting your pricing and costs right and working long hours is no easy matter, but a trademark of most successful operators. Of course the contract to buy a business, states none of these as a pre-requisite, just a lump sum payment and an ongoing commitment.

Like taking on a mortgage one cannot afford, the dream of what is offered often cloaks the reality of what is being asked.

It has always been thus. RFG has not raised the bar of franchisor standards, nor lowered it.

Caveat emptor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
-0.003(3.66%)
Mkt cap ! $194.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 7.8¢ $471.2K 5.847M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 78808 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 419842 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.