ORG 2.00% $9.79 origin energy limited

I think aspects of this whole thing now stinks & lacks...

1. 954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 221
    I think aspects of this whole thing now stinks & lacks transparency to ordinary shareholders...

1. ORG in its announcement said”
    Origin also advises that based on the proxy votes received to date, had the Scheme Meeting proceeded today, it is unlikely that the Scheme would have achieved the required 75 per cent approval by shareholders.”.

How come the ORG board/mgt can get access to proxy vote counts PRIOR to the meeting yet this is information is not avail to others or public info.
    Unless a shareholder makes public their voting intention, proxy votes should be secret until the poll is held at the meeting.
    The current situation just allows the board (who are proponents of & strongly support the deal) to go lobbying for extra support votes should they see the voting to be close or rusk not going the way they wish.
    I would like the ORG board to now disclose the proxy vote counts as they currently stand.

2. The ‘revised proposal’ is running roughshod over small and retail investors when it DENYS access to participate as investor in the Brookfield owned ‘Energy Markets’ business after Scheme settles, reserving that option only for INSTITUTIONAL investors.
    I may not wish to invest in it, but to me, its treating RETAIL shareholders as ‘second class scum’ with the attitude of “take your pieces of silver” shut up and FOff.

”under the existing Scheme, the addition of a potential opportunity for institutional shareholders to re-invest into the Brookfield owned Energy Markets business after completion of the Scheme”

The retail shareholders should not accept this contemptous treatment.
    There are many of us (100k) , and if only say 10-20% vioted & cast a No vote, there is way in the world that they would get the required 50% support of SHAREHOLDERS (HIN) who vote.

It is high time we retail shareholders rose up against the ‘suits in the room’ and at the board table and showed them that we DO have voting power, and treat us with contempt at your peril.
    Last edited by jm3767: 23/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.79
Change
-0.200(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.86B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.93 $9.94 $9.75 $48.15M 4.905M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 6478 $9.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.81 26585 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.