WKT 2.00% 12.3¢ walkabout resources ltd

Hi NL,Could you please provide your reference for the wording...

1. 1,248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 351
    Hi NL,

Could you please provide your reference for the wording "Independent Non-Executive Director" in relation to Michael Elliott's appiontment. Having checked the actual wording, I can only find reference to that in a ProActive Investors article which is headed stating he was appointed as an "independent". Perhaps this was an error (one of many found in that particular publication). The article then goes on to quote ....... Walkabout chairman Trevor Benson said: “We welcome Mr Elliott as a non-executive director to the board and believe his appointment further aligns the company with independent board representation and allows the executive management team to focus on moving the company towards development.”

So, no mention of Elliott being an actual "independent" NED. I hope you haven't accidently misquoted TB in your original post. That would be unfortunate. We might have been having this entire debate for nothing!

Furthermore, I think if you take the time to actually read the Annual Report (June 2019), you will find that, on page 3, Elliott is listed as an "Non-Executive Director" NOT an "Independent NED". The only person listed as an Independent NED is Thomas Murrell, below Elliott, also on page 3. So it looks like the rules that you are so eager to apply to Elliott here are irrelevant as he is not classed as an Independent NED. Even if he was, his appointment has provide a huge boost to the fortunes of the company and its shareholders. He is clearly an expert in his field and a huge asset to WKT.

Again, it's a shame that you didn't do some proper research before putting pen to paper (so to speak) and making yourself look rather foolish (again).

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.3¢
Change
-0.003(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $80.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.3¢ 12.0¢ $14.43K 119.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 381828 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 116766 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.13pm 30/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.0¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ 50000
Last updated 14.13pm 30/05/2024 ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.