BOM 0.00% 7.7¢ bondi mining limited

I have been wondering....what would I do if I was a...

1. 492 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I have been wondering....what would I do if I was a "sophisticated investor"?

Hmmm, let me see. I think I would leak a few of my shares on to the market in my highly illiquid investment, not a lot, just enough to keep the price from moving up. Even better, keep it off screen so nobody can understand why there is such a buy side bias BUT the SP is staying low....

Every now and then, when there appears to be the chance of a breakout I'd drop a small number in off the sidelines to hold the SP back.

Of course, if I held a significant interest in the company I would have to report the change of interest but it would be a relatively minuscule amount and I have time for that later.

I think I would then look to make a placement and get it at a nice price, one that I had in mind, not the open market. Hey, that's the advantage of investing in thinly traded stocks.

Let me see, they probably wouldn't go with the whole placement at once, other shareholders would have to approve. But I sure as hell don't want them getting them at my price.

Maybe I'll keep doing more of the same so when the shareholders get together they might be inclined to say "hey, that's not such an unfair (33% discount) placement anymore, see....the share price has fallen and stayed low..." rather than "What the? That's a huge discount! What about me you dodgso and so's..."

Then, once I get all that I wanted I think I would stop leaking small numbers of shares onto the market as covertly as I can and let my buddies know what great prospects this company has. Hopefully I can get the traders to jump in too and BOOM, there goes the share price...up, up, up...

I can then report that I have had a stellar investment...

See...everyone wins, especially me! Well actually, the long-term holders don't as they didn't get a chance to participate....need to be a "sophisticated investor" for that....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.