MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

what would it look like ...

1. 37,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406
    ... if a vibrant conventional/GSG industry was thriving in the Clarence Morton Basin?

"Physically, not a lot different to the way it looks now" would be my answer.

Why?

# Gas extraction is not a visible mine or series of mines, but rather a sequence of buried infrastructure barely visible within a year and perhaps locally two
    # The industry can only be developed in compliance with government mandated, best practice environmental controls
    # Beacuse of the above two points, insignificant land is quarantined from continued former land use and amenity
    # Because of the above three points, former land use and amenity can coexist/continue with a vibrant gas industry

"Socio-economically, it would look and feel different in a good way from the way it looks now" would also be my answer.

Why?

# A vibrant gas industry coexisting with current land use and amenity offers vision and opportunity to a depressed region with chronic under employment and dearth of opportunity for current and future workforces
    # For a gas industry to develop in the above manner in compliance with all mandated environmental controls, jobs develop in construction, ongoing operations, compliance, new and increasingly competitive local industries thriving with secure affordable gas, and a myriad of commercial/service related private businesses.
    # Government funds for local infrastructure and community support should be more forthcoming as a portion of collected state royalties and this would have its own trickle down and flow on economic impacts for the region
    # It stands to my reasoning that a region with vision and purpose offers a future for its youth and should gain from extended family networks and associated beneficial socio impacts ... what parent wouldn't want a future for their children that preferably would not 100's to 1000's of km away.

Put all this together, think about it, extend it, close your eyes and imagine it.

This is a valid alternative reality imo and deserves to be critically compared to what I am sure is a vocal minority vision of doom n gloom, romanticising the past and ignoring future socio-economic realities.

Holistic, thoughtful and nimble is a better future than fixed and immovable imo.

Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.987M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 103000 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 5019540 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.