HAW 0.00% 5.8¢ hawthorn resources limited

what would rbs advise lcy to do?, page-8

1. 727 Posts.
    There are some obstacles at the moment as I see it. First is that no matter how committed NMDC may have been when they bought LCY the situation has changed. India is desperately trying to stop capital outflows so at the moment there's slim to no chance that a state owned company (NMDC) will be allowed to send millions offshore. It's why LCY couldn't get the recent cap raising done and no capital = no progress. This is relevant to HAW because LCY is the project manager, HAW really is just along for the ride. Second, iron ore explorers (commodities in general) are in the doldrums at the moment but this is cyclical and when interest returns to the sector the quality assets will be sought after again. Third is the fighting between the 2 companies, which is unfortunate because without commitment from both parties Mt Bevan will stay stalled. I'm sure I can think of others if I try bit those are the ones that spring to mind. With regard to HAW selling, this has been a long term fantasy of some LCY posters on the HAW forums. There has never been any signal of this from HAW and the only deal that was ever done between the 2 companies to consolidate ownership put Mt Bevan back into (a LCY controlled) HAW. HAW has millions in the bank and there is no incentive for them to sell, especially since the Chinese that hold a controlling stake in HAW bought that stake to get their hands on the iron ore. Who knows, if the Indians decide it's too difficult to develop Mt Bevan given their domestic situation at the moment, we may even see the Chinese make an offer through HAW. Though again, like LCY taking HAW's 40%, this is highly unlikely imo. However this plays out, whatever happens, the shareholders of both companies that post on HC will have no influence over any of it. NMDC has a controlling stake in LCY. The Chinese consortium has a controlling stake in HAW. Whatever the 2 companies do it will be decided by those 2 stake holders, I'm hoping they want to make money from their investments as much as I do from mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $19.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 135316 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 9001 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.