CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

what would you do?, page-31

1. 1 Posts.
    It does seem strange that at a time when QLD, (and now the southern states)is reeling under a series of major weather events arguably caused by a rise in temperature of the Indian ocean, which evidence suggests human activity is at least partially responsible for, our Climate Change and Sustainability Minister takes a giant step backwards into the Coal age.
    All energy pollutes, but Fossil fuels are the worst, and gas in any form is to be preferred to coal.
    It will take research to get it right, but it will happen, but not in QLD apparently.
    The Southern states are well ahead of us in all forms of clean energy research....if Geothermal ever solves the problem in Australia we will have been fortunate that GDY is in SA and not over the border, QLD would lost patience long ago.
    The following is a blog from another site, seems a reasonable comment to me.

"Posted Friday, 4 February 2011 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

As has been stated the weather has been changing to the extremes for millions of years. I think to look back at recent events, i.e. since records were kept can be a little dangerous. However the facts as I see it is that the continuous pumping of carbon gas in the air is not going to help any situation.
    How much it is directly changing the weather and temperatures is not clear to me. However if I was a betting man I would weigh up the odds. What benefits are there not to reduce CO2 output and what benefits are there to invest in long term clean sustainable energy? What is at stake? Some economical hardship vs the possibility of our one and only home being fried? What are we willing to risk? Well I am not a betting man, I am more the insurance kind of guy, so I guess I would be investing in the health of our planet rather than stagnant short term view of economic policies to keep us all comfortable now.

The only real question I see is what type of clean energy to go with which is the bickering that is holding up the inevitable and supporting the push for the status quo. Its time to harden up, roll up the sleeves and get on with making the difficult decisions."

I suspect the Kingaroy Group will live to regret their efforts to maintain land values, UCG in one form or another is inevitable as a stopgap for a couple of generations, they will be remembered as shortsighted, hysterical group of people who shutdown some promising research too soon, with the assistance of a tabloid press and a weak government.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.