BHP 0.07% $42.78 bhp group limited

Why will the current financial woes affect China?Read a few good...

1. 176 Posts.
    Why will the current financial woes affect China?
    Read a few good articles in the Mining monthly today, particuarly one from Michael Pascoe. It is one particular comment I liked which went kinda like this "Australian media and those in the UK are so US orientated they forget to remember that the yanks are so full of themselves they can't see over their fat stomachs". Went on to mention all the bias reporting particuarly from some idiot at Goldman Sachs who made the same kind of comment. All they mentioned was that the DEVELOPED economies are going through a rough time possiblty even recession (suprise,suprise) and the likes like China will have a knock on affect. Forgot to mention the DEVELOPING countries like China and India are in effect going gangbusters which in turn is making the GLOBAL (remember global doesn't just mean the Yanks, Brits and Eurozone) economy grow.
    Finally, I don't know who the author is but he has a regular column in the back page also made some good and valid points. Basically it was asked why the likes of BHP, RIO and VALE etc continue to grow by expansion, output particuarly since the price of commodities is declining. The answer was because they don't consider the DEVELOPED countries as important as the HUGE growth and demand that their long term forecasts are showing them from the DEVELOPING countries.It was mentioned that by the year 2025 there will be 221 cities in China with each over a million in population (how do you think they are going to do this, out of Lego blocks). Like this bit as well, China will use as much steel in the next decade as USA has used this century. Now thats what I call SUPER, SUPER POWER.

DECOUPLING I HOPE SO.

P.S. I thought the special on channel 7 on Sunday was sensationalism journalism at it's best. Just re-iterates the above mentioned of US beer goggles.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.78
Change
0.030(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $216.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.92 $43.08 $42.62 $778.2M 18.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $42.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.81 119112 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.