WOW 0.36% $33.42 woolworths group limited

This seems to be a common issue encountered across investing in...

1. 327 Posts.
    This seems to be a common issue encountered across investing in any listed company. At the AGMs and quarterly briefings it always seem to be manipulated by the board to emasculate shareholder queries or just outright ignore SH concerns. I have been hit for six one way or another across most every company I have taken a position in at one time or another. It doesn't seem to matter if it is a single purpose company, a conglomerate, an investment company, infrastructure or listed property, I eventually feel like I've been shafted by management.

I can list many where I hurt a lot, among them QAN, TLS, SCP, TAH, BSL, BBI, QBE, LYC, HHV, BEL, some have come good, others gone all the way to the dogs, others just feeding the directors. It is easier to believe politicians of both sides actually have my interest more at heart that many boards. Over that same period WOW has been relatively good, while a handful of others have been good enough to almost cancel out the really bad ones. Certainly if everything that had of been invested in those others had all been in WOW, even at todays price things would be better. The big question now is - is WOW going to join the wish I hadn't list or do we continue the ride? I can live with up and down, I just can't handle eternal Down Down... hah ha !

The alternative would be in an index fund and not trying to pick winners. It would probably achieve much the same final outcome without the angst. I'm starting to lean towards cashing in the lot and moving to something that can't be manipulated by misleading statements, poor management, high frequency or shorting traders. BUT WHERE?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.