30 years ago i had to be at my wall socket which the phone fit...

1. ape
    409 Posts.
    30 years ago i had to be at my wall socket which the phone fit into so i could dial my archaic old phone to ring the bank manager to get an appointment to plead for a loan for a house i would never get because my parents wouldnt stump up the deed to their house for collateral

25 years ago no one had heard of the internet let alone have a PC in their home

20 years ago space invaders was the go at 20c a pop

15 years ago mobile phones the size of a phone book was lugged around by rich folk in monaco....

In 25 years time if we havent invested in all sorts of new technologies australia will be mine site and nothing more...get that thru your skulls!!!!!

Australia has nothing of value to present the rest of the world at present other than some iron ore and maybe if the gvt gets it hand out of its poockets some uranium...

No manufacturing a tourism industry at the whim of individuals bank accounts(see flight centres latest profit warning)....we need nation building enterprises not just plug a hole in a run down hospital or buy some water off a no hoper farmer attempting to grow rice in a dust bowl

I agree there are a huge number of things the gvt could do...this is just one but lets do one today and another tomorrow.but we shouldnt wait to do BIG things lets do them now a whole lot of things ....while things are crap lets start them...we have huge potential to be more than just a hole in the ground from which we empty the contents into foreign hands.

We need to develop things that will take the place of the iron ore when it runs out !

or maybe we can buy a new ferris wheel with the money or flush it down the toilet ( stimulus cheques will buy lots of booze....what a waste)

remember that 20 years ago having the internet was not even considered.TV will be crystal clear anywhere with the speed download we are talking about.Foxtel will be defunct as better internet channels will exist.All telecomm will be via your PC ....faxes emails telephone teleporting(made that one up)

The companies that provide it will have to provide huge amounts of download as we will all use it for everything.And we will all lap it up.

personally I cant wait , but alas as usual aussies are all poo pooing any good idea ooooh it will cost too much booo hooo wheres my stim cheque i need to bet on race 4 and buy a slab so i can get pissed with my missus lol then with my winnings buy a trip to the big smoke and spend the day on the ferris wheel looking at the great smoggy hinterland .

i say everyone give back your stim cheque and say go for it mussolini ooops i mean rudd go for it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.