what you get with the new broadband, page-22

1. 11,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    some people are clearly happy being stuck in the past or just whinning for the sake of whinning

First internet account I had with a dial up modem had something like a massive 500mb per month

over the years the speeds improved, downlod limits increased and price if anything has dropped The current ADSL2 would be absolutely useless and something I and I am sure many others would not even bother with if the same download limits from old dial up systems were applied.

and as this system rolls out and speeds increase further, I have no doubt through pure commercial viability and competition the down load limits will increase

I remember in the mid 80's when Telecom laid out optic fibre connecting major cities, when the governemnt of the day decided Australia needed a vast improvement to its telecommunications

And I also remember small minded people whinning about the cost and need of this project, after all there was already copper wire doing the same job, but it was also a time no one could afford to call interstate and when they did once a year phone the relative living on the other side of the country, the whole family would huddle around the phone to say a quick 5 sec hello.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.