no need to worry about the new broadband - it will never...

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9

no need to worry about the new broadband - it will never happen....

1. If estimates are $43b for the rollout, then you can be sure it will eventually blow out to two or three times this figure and the entire edifice will collapse under its own weight especially with changes of government etc...

2. Every supplier to the new broadband will be out to scam the government, they will be overcharged multiples for every piece of wire, nut and bolt.... wanna make a fortune? get a supply contract....

3. The 'famous' bush will NEVER get 100Mps under any system, be it fibre, copper, satellite, or donkey - it simply will never happen....

4. Rudd and his ministers are being conned in a major way, and since they are techno-ignorant they are being led down the garden path by a bunch of scheming shonks and they don't know it.....

5. Cost of using the biggest internet white elephant in history? $200 per month minimum? - who will use it? not me that's for sure and I could easily afford to.... I want a service that costs no more than $20 per week in current money values.... as many posters have already said, these speeds or similar are already available via Optus but very few subscribe to such plans..... Rudd hasn't even begun to think about it....

6. Everyone is forgetting Rudd's plan to throttle the internet to protect users from naughty content - so this 100Mps speed what will it effectively be once the system is throttled?.... that's besides the entire COSTLY exercise being futile since there are 1001 ways around any proposal to attempt such a thing - but this comes back to the ignorance of politicians who are once again being led astray by scheming shonks looking to rip off the government (that's not really the government of course, but you and me taxpayers)....

7. In conclusion, I hope Rudd's internet plans get bigger and bolder - so much bigger and bolder that after a few billion of the taxpayer's dollars being thrown down the toilet it will become apparent that the entire plan is nothing but a disaster....

8. But the real STUPIDITY is that (a) Rudd is planning to duplicate what's already out there in terms of fibre (b) the nation's biggest telco isn't even involved in the scheme.....

utterly, utterly, ludicrous..... since when did a politician even know which end of a computer to plug the power into? and they are going to 'engineer' a nation wide high speed fibre optic system to supply every shack in the country??..... I really don't think so.....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.