KYK 0.00% 7.9¢ kyckr limited

What you need to know about KYK, page-2

1. 18,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3794
    Hi @Snake26 thanks for sharing that
    I found your other useful post from 19/09/19 [here].

One of the things you draw attention to in that one is ...There are several HUGE players already in this space - D&B, VEDA/ Equifax, FICO & Experian, Experian in particular is very good at this because they sell end to end solution (i.e you get a full CRM to implement off the shelf into what are usually pretty poor legacy systems in these organisations).”
    Another competitor -noted in the media report in the spoiler below - is Kompany.

-Do you know, please, whether Kyckr has any clear points of difference with these companies?
    -Or what might have inspired Richard White to buy almost 20%?
    S$tockhead last year reported [here] him saying he saw in Kyckr .... “ a product, business and opportunity set that can be leveraged and accelerated to major advantage,”
    ...I think I read somewhere that he saw potential to expand beyind its’ current niche too.
    Something must have caught his eye?

- Also do you know which reg tech company or companies the Australian banks currently use?

I was wondering if yesterday’s news damning news on Westpac may have created some of that keen buying interest here?
    https://www.afr. com/companies/financial-services/westpac-admits-23m-anti-moneylaundering-breaches-20200515-p54ta9;​
    “Westpac admits 23m anti-money laundering breaches
    James FrostFinancial Services Writer May 15, 2020

.......Westpac has admitted it broke the law 23 million times and could have kept a closer watch on a dozen customers the regulator suspected were paedophiles.
    In a document filed in Federal Court on Friday afternoon, the bank also admitted its reporting and record keeping of international transactions were not good enough and accepted that many millions of reports had been deleted, filed years late or, in some cases, not filed at all.
    But the bank denied it did not have a compliant Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Program in place, rejecting the allegation it broke the law every time it performed a transaction, saying its model was ticked off by the regulator and external consultants.
    A spokesman for the bank said it would continue to work closely with AUSTRAC, the financial intelligence regulator, to find common ground over the matter....”

The Australian also referred to those (Regtech?) “technology glitches”;

.....“Westpac has made important admissions in Austrac’s mega-money laundering case against the big four bank, but will contest some of the financial intelligence agency’s key allegations as the two parties strive to reach a full commercial settlement.
    The bank’s long-awaited defence document, filed with the Federal Court on Friday, threw in the towel on the lion’s share of its 23m alleged transgressions, admitting it failed to give Austrac a report on each of the 19.4m international funds transfer instructions within 10 business days.
    The IFTIs, worth more than $11bn, were transmitted to Australia between November 2013 and September 2018, with Westpac blaming technology glitches, programming errors and system upgrades for its serial non-compliance.”... etc

So I am curious if  these problems would  have still arisen with Kyckr screening customers or transacions (or whatever it does?)?

When Ian Henderson (former chief of RBS International and operating boss at Barclays Wealth), started as CEO in January, 2019, the issues with Australian banks were already a hot topic and his comment on this problem was Australian banks were good at completing requisite checks ... “when onboarding a customer for the first time, but often dropped the ball on revisiting the information.
    “I don’t think many banks are doing it well anywhere across the world,” he said, noting that some banks relied on data that was five years old.”

For anyone interested, there’s a bit more background on Kyckr in the spoiler below in the form of a report from The Australian dated June last year, including that comment.

cheers
    Last edited by sabine: 16/05/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KYK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.