whatever happened to?, page-179

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Remember when all the speedos were in MPH not KMH. We bought silly stick on things to go on the speedo's to give a KMH reading.
    Remember when $2 over half filled the fuel tank when fuel was around 20c a litre.
    I worked on a second job on Saturday mornings in a servo in the early 70's pumping fuel, we'd check tyre pressures, check the oil, and wash the windscreen all while the car was fueling...

$10 would fuel the car, pay entry to the drive-in with the girlfriend and would buy a snack at interval...

Remember when we didn't have to wear seatbelts in the car so the girldfriend could sit in the middle on the bench seat? Even when we had to retro fit belts, she could still sit in the middle with a lap belt only...

A haircut for me as a kid would cost my parents 6d! I remember when it hit a dollar saying it'll cost ten bucks for a flamin'haircut soon...try $30 now!!

I'd get sixpence for lunch, that'd be a pie and a coke usually, threepence each. Thats when a having a quid mean't something!

Thats when you could run a mile and we knew what it meant. When drag racing was a quarter mile not 400 metres!
    When doing the ton in the car was something to brag about and we got away with it...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.