What's ahead of us;, page-2

1. 81,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    interesting you've had no takers on your question 'what's ahead of us?'

my brief answer (assuming no catastrophe to set us back in the technological race) -- my answer would be -------

A lot.

There's probably a lot more unforeseeable than foreseeable - but, there's loads of thoughts that are to do with what the 'meaning' of easily foreseeable technologies will bring

eg - when we finally get 'real' personal robots - whenever it is - one can think of some changes in life that will make - ie. the meaning of it -

it will mean robotic partners - that's a given -- what's not foreseeable is how many in comparison to 'human' partners ------------ personally - I have always thought that robotic partners will vastly outnumber real human partners - I cannot see how it won't.

It would - even if there's no other changes, mean - that people wouldn't have to work unless they wanted to ---------------------- if (and, conditions will be different - so, I don't believe this is what will occur) --- but, IF everything else stayed the way it was atm - and, we had personal robot assistants/partners -

then, we could stay home - and send the robot to the office - or factory.

these things WILL happen - just how much and when?

Autodrive cars - they ARE here - it's when, that's up for grabs and how society reacts to them - ie. -- will people give up owning cars and just whistle one up on demand? - no risk from dodgy cab drivers - no fares where they go the wrong way - no risk of rape or assault ----- that's a game changer.

Robotic medicine - little drones inside blood vessels and the gut -------- doing all sorts of things - operating, drug delivery to the exact spot - all sorts of tricks.

Communication -------- look no further than Elon Musk's Nuralink - now, that's a human being game changer right there.

My guess is - eternal life in the not too distant future - or the equivalent of - Nuralink alone might make that as good as practically real - as long as the data can be captured as it is transferred -------

So, what's ahead of us ---------- excitement plus

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.