What's costing more, page-33

1. 85,858 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''but Aus constitution and legislation is different. too bad.''

so, Oz has to be more creative -

really, I don't see the problem if Oz had the willpower to do something about it.

All it takes is for leaders to decide ------------ enter Morrisons - 'National Cabinet'.

Now a PM 'should' be able to gather the Premiers etc to the table - and if they left their biases etc at the door before entering and entered as Ozzies and with a sole purpose - the benefit of the citizens of Australia -

it should be easily possible to get a system where the states are enticed to sign agreements with the commonwealth to build and keep set numbers of social and welfare dwellings.

It should also be possible for the National Cabinet to come to agreement to do a Federal government run, in combination with states - a large international recruitment drive for building construction workers.

It's been done before, it works and it pays dividends.

All it really requires is to get leaders to think as a nation.

One would have to also, if it were possible - to get bipartisanship federally ---------- is that possible?

Well for me - it depends on who is in ----------- I think it's far more possible with dutton than it would have been with morrison or abbott or probably howard

but, even without bipartisanship ----------- I think it's doable - IF both Federal government and state governments are on board --------

in a housing crisis, in a cost of living crisis, in a building trades crisis ---------- if it's not possible

then Oz is totally doomed

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.