BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

whats doin with this one, page-3

1. JK5
    2,000 Posts.
    Hi Koro,

It was not thread of cautions - it was more moaning and groaning from certain parties about waste of money on scoping study, etc, etc.

I put them on ignore because it is clear they have no idea about project management. Scoping study is just a preliminary step to find out whether a project is viable under various scenarios. If it is not viable now - what would make it possible. More reserves, lower operating costs, lower capital expenditures, higher uranium prices and so(???). These are questions that the project team need to address along the way. It is a essentially a discovery process every company (those with proper due diligence)will have to undertake.

From scoping study, the next step will be further drilling to confirm reserves volumes, nail down the capital costs, etc. To cut short, it is a long process with many milestone to achieve before the project could be signed off.

Sometimes, a project is not viable but whatever learning you have from that scoping study would then be use for next/similar projects. It cut down the period of investigation for the next project. I would not say it is money wasted - it is an investment for the next projects.

Companies like BHP, Chevron, etc do this all the time. Not every project make the grades. The learning is then applied to the next opportunities.

DYOR

JK5

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.