AWC 0.00% $1.45 alumina limited

how dumb is that I should know that shouldn't Iwhat does buffett...

1. 14,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    how dumb is that I should know that shouldn't I
    what does buffett say - know the busines

Alumina Limited (AWC) is involved in bauxite mining, alumina refining and smelting of aluminium. Alumina's primary asset is its 40% interest in Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals (AWAC). AWAC mainly produces smelter grade alumina feedstock (for the production of aluminium) and aluminium from 2 smelters in Australia.

Bauxite Mines:
    Bauxite is mined within the AWAC structure at Huntly and Willowdale in Australia, Juruti and Trombetas (18.9% AWAC) in Brazil, Sangaradi in Guinea (23% AWAC), Mocho Mountains in Jamaica (50% AWAC) and Moengo and Accaribo (26% AWAC) in Suriname. The mines are generally located adjacent to alumina refineries for the supply of the bauxite feedstock.

Alumina:
    Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals operates alumina refineries throughout the world. The company's global capacity is approximately 13.4 million tonnes per annum, representing approximately 25% of the world alumina market. Operations include Kwinana, Pinjarra and Wagerup in Australia, Sao Luis in Brazil (18.9% AWAC), Clarendon in Jamaica (50% AWAC), San Ciprian in Spain, Paranam in Suriname (55% AWAC) and Point Comfort in the USA.

Aluminium:
    AWAC operates the Point Henry (100% AWAC) and Portland (55% AWAC) aluminium smelters in Australia with a combined annual capacity of approximately 530,000 tonnes

I wonder how much will be affected by the resource super tax?

a lot of alumina profit comes not so much from resources but value you adding via process doesn't it?

most of bauxite mines are overseas as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AWC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.