ARU 2.86% 18.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Correction - the rare earths that are actually needed, and that...

1. 5,801 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Correction - the rare earths that are actually needed, and that are actually obtainable, ARE rare. That's why they're called that.

Name another source of rare earth elements outside China that has resources like LYC, for example, and that is close to production. No, not Molycorp in the USA - it's nowhere near LYC. And ARU is about 18 months behind LYC but with more of the heavy REEs.

The fact that Japan, USA, and other manufacturing countries are getting so desperate about China's near-monopoly on REEs is sign enough that there is a real and looming crisis here.

The physical elements may be fairly widespread, which is presumably what you're referring to, but in concentrations that are (a) discovered, and (b) mine-able are NOT widespread.

I just find it frustrating that the ASX will give a speeding ticket to a stock that moves UP by 5 or 6% on no news, but do absolutely nothing when a stock gets pushed DOWN by almost 13% on no news and big volume. To me, that isn't profit-taking - that is possible manipulation and/or inside information. The reasons always become clear a few days later....

I don't think the worldwide squeeze on rare earths is going to go away any time soon....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.005(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $443.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $1.087M 6.257M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 200375 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 787496 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.