ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

what's going on, page-13

1. 21,344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2085
    G'day magpie. I know a few other people who are fundamentally "pessimistic" people,in everything. I find that sad, but, that's who they are. Maybe, you are one of those and you were made to be one of those "glass half empty" types. The world needs them to create the essential "balance," for, if we were all positive, or, all negative, we would be in a great mess.
    Unfortunately, you came on this forum at the same time as others who clearly had ulterior motives and you have been painted with the same cynical brush.
    But, magpie, in saying that, most of us on this forum, are punting on an EXPLORATION company. To be in exploration, one MUST be an optimist, or we would have none of the massive resources that have made this country the envy of the world.
    None of the great scientific discoveries of the centuries would have happened unless someone was optimistic about success and persevered despite being ridiculed and laughed at, some even jailed and ex-communicated for their optimistic beliefs. But, thankfully, they did succeed and we are all benefiting from their discoveries.

Sounds familiar with RJ?? Many have posted that they would love to form a lynch mob to get rid of him.

Of course, we must also be realistic, but, that is a long way from being "negative".
    Icon is an optimistic company, with an optimistic MD and mostly optimistic shareholders.
    We have just started to do what we invested in this company to do, DRILL HOLES, and hope to find gas, lots of it. The rig starts moving today and this will be the start of our next 6 months of excitement. Unlike our "peers", we have clearly defined targets to aim at, Stanwell and The China LNG GSA. So, every "successful" discovery, or, every successful "deal" is an immediate "win". Not like finding something and then having to go through the long process of finding someone to buy it. IF we find something, we know it is sold!!!!
    So, magpie, I am afraid to say, that people with naturally "negative" "pessimistic" personalities are doomed to great frustration and disappointment investing in exploration companies, as most of them do fail.
    I, for one, am hoping that Icon will be an exception and reward us for our patience and for all the others that we have failed with in the past.
    Just by being "optimistic" doesn't make you right and I, for one, have been wrong more often than not, ptimistically chasing dreams.
    So, Magpie, IF you are a fair dinkum Icon shareholder, relax and let's try to enjoy the next few months, you never know, we MIGHT just win this one, but, if we don't, there will always be another one. That's optimism..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.