NCK 4.44% $14.10 nick scali limited

Have you spent much time understanding consumer purchasing...

1. 118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Have you spent much time understanding consumer purchasing decision for a new couch from Nick Scali, or are you just using your own assumptions?

Here is a tip - the core consumer purchasing a new couch already has a totally suitable couch... and will hold off.. they aren't needing bean bags or milk crates.

37% buy based on needing a new couch because their current one is worn, but 63% buy for other reasons including: moving (not happening), wanting a new model (covid brought this forward), recently decorating (covid brought this forward), saw it and liked it (inflation doesn't play in this space as much), expecting a baby (birth rates declining)...

Have you spent much time understanding the customer average period between couch purchases?
    Although many purchase every once every 2-3 years and are due from an upgrade again in their minds, the bulk don't. If you look at the sales rates in couches it exploded during 2021/2022, but there will be a large lag and it's naive to think otherwise (immigration isn't the magic pill).

The family room (couches), is the most expensive room to fit out.

Spend some time looking at the brand marketing across Plush & Nick Scali, and see how they are tapping into the consumer needs... I think they are failing at best. It's terrible marketing really... If I were Nick Scali, I'd be having a serious think about the marketing strategy..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.10
Change
0.600(4.44%)
Mkt cap ! $1.203B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.59 $14.16 $13.56 $1.896M 136.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 188 $14.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.11 352 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.48pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.