re: whats happening to jws cherob HI CHEROB it was nothing more...

1. 29,706 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    re: whats happening to jws cherob HI CHEROB

it was nothing more than coincidence, that at the point in time, that i posted those comments, i was also looking at some other things on the net, which just happened to include the points i mentioned

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html.

here is a good one

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/absurd.html

as "briter" mentioned in a post - see:

"Subject re: the mufti women and the bible

Posted 04/11/06 13:23

Posted by briter

hi watso i note you occasionally muse on things biblical."

anyway, i am an atheist, after being a believer for the first 30 years of my life. it is a long story, and done after a lot of reading etc etc - and that was well before the internet, which of course, provides a lot more information. interestingly, i also had a neighbour, who had been a minister in the church - but he also became a atheist. once a person starts to think that the bible is not the word of the lord, then one starts to wonder (and wander) a bit an interesting book that i read was called "adam v's god" - by phillip adams. a point that he makes, is that people are catholics etc etc, by virtue of geography, or upbringing -there is no critical thought involved. i was a methodist, for no other reason than my parents were protestant, and we went to church every sunday, had prayers before and after every meal, bible reading after the main meal, and prayers before bed - i did nothing more than simply accept what i was brought up with. looking back, what a joke it was to listen to sermons, where a few versus were pucked from here, and a verse from somewhere else etc etc - all to give a message - but looking back, that never proved a thing. do yourself a favour, one day, and for a laugh, watch some ot those televangelists - hey they do the same thing at the end of the day, it all boils down to faith, and i do not have that .

on another thread i posted about the gold in solomons temple - but just think about the following, by way of example but when one thinks about it, it is absurd

1KI 6:2, 2CH 3:3 Solomon's temple was only about ninety feet long by thirty feet wide,

yet: 1KI 5:15-16 153,300 persons were employed to build it.

1KI 6:38 It took seven years to build.

1CH 22:14 ~7,500,000 lbs. of gold and ~75,000,000 lbs. of silver were used.

1CH 23:4 24,000 supervisors and 6,000 officials and judges were employed to manage it. (Note: Inasmuch as there seems to be uncertainty as to the exact weight of the biblical talent, some estimates place the weight of gold at more than 13,000,000 lbs. and the weight of silver at more than 116,000,000 lbs.)

where ki= kings ch= chronicles now, that is absurd, but it is possible that jerusulem (the site of solomons temple) was nothing more than a small village

"Most of the Late Bronze Age material recovered from Jerusalem has come from tombs, especially one on the Mount of Olives that contained hundreds of pots, mainly of local ware, and from a pit south of the city, which held some pottery and a scarab. But no remains of a town, let alone a city, have ever been found: not a trace of an encircling wall, no gate, no houses. Not a single piece of architecture. Simply nothing!

" ref http://www.truthbeknown.com/jerusalem.htm

and how about the flood

GE 7:19-20 The flood covered the earth with water fifteen cubits (twenty plus feet) above the highest mountains.(Note: This would require steady, worldwide rainfall at the rate of about 6 inches per minute, 360 inches per hour, 8640 inches per day--for 40 days and nights--so as to cover the entire earth with an endless ocean 5 miles deep, thus burying 29,000 ft. Mt. Everest under 22 ft. of water. How did the author know the depth of the water? Did Noah take soundings? And where has all this water gone?)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

please do not even start to think that the flood was real. ok - if it is only a story, that is fine, but the problem is, is what should one believe - what is false, what is truth???

ah - just some ramblings from an old fool - cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.