PDN 0.48% $12.48 paladin energy ltd

Hi Bonehead1000Thank you so much for your response.I have some...

1. 215 Posts.
    Hi Bonehead1000

Thank you so much for your response.

I have some thoughts without deep analysis on what you have said and they are as follows:

1. The decline appears to be strategic.

2. Some areas of thought are around the macro and the micro picture for PDN.
    Macro - When determining direction to trade by institutions, someone told me how they brainstorm from an economic analysis point of view. Institutions would have access to high level information and their decisions would be made around this.
    eg; Unrest in Midde East - possibility of outbreak of war - what is the impact on stock market
    or Hurricane Sandy - what is the real fiscal issues that have not been exposed in the media. I noted at the time that Nuclear power stations were closed at some point before the major destruction, hence a period without power. What we dont know was is there any issues surrounding what happened to the Nuclear power stations during the hurricane that has been kept from media?
    If any of these have correlation then they could be an issue particularly because spot price has dropped since then.
    Micro -The other area is if it is a strategy to weaken the company ready for a hostile takeover - my bet is AREVA as they would already have some tie you would think with ETS (the French company that has a prepayment arrangement with PDN)
    Has anyone looked at the other company that ETS also forward booked contract with and if there has been an effect on their share price?

I am curious about Borsch's comment on the selling of his shares for personal reasons, which I think if i remember correctly said he may not have another opportunity to sell his shares under the current cirucumstances or something like that- did I read that incorrectly? If so what was he implying? Could that be about not being able to freely sell his shares in the future do to the impact on the company from a hostile takeover strategy?
    If a hostile takeover was to happen, and the assets were worth x of billions of dollars, wouldnt it be more worthwhile selling off all the individual assets rather then worrying about operations and thir current losses and trying to fix that.
    Is the company worth more as an inventory of assets to sell off or as an operation with the assets to support it?

So I thought I would share some thoughts, but would be pleased if anyone could support or deny them.

Kind Regards
    PDG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.48
Change
0.060(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $3.724B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.45 $12.76 $12.26 $26.57M 2.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6286 $12.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.48 5038 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.